DeKnight pulled a Joss Whedon on Gannicus and Saxa.
Okay, so I think I finally understand what the writers were “trying” to do with Gannicus and Saxa. After seeing DeKnight’s interview, and seeing what he had to say about Gaxa I finally understand what happened. The part where DeKnight says that Saxa way very cavalier about her relationship and feeling for Gannicus, leads me to believe that Gannicus must have thought this too. It’s not that he didn’t or couldn’t love Saxa, he could and he did. DeKnight pretty much confirmed that. The issue was that Gannicus didn’t believe that Saxa was capable of loving him. He honestly thought that Saxa was just in it for that sex and the good times. He thought this because, well according to him anyway, Saxa didn’t show any interest in making their relationship anything more.
Gannicus was looking for meaning and love and a reason to fight. He must have thought that Saxa was just not the type of woman who would be willing to give him all of that. He thinks this because Saxa never really opened up to him about her true feelings for him. Saxa played her cards real close to her chest, for whatever reason we do not know. But whenever she did slip, Gannicus did not seem to notice it for what it really is. Because in his mind, Saxa couldn’t possibly be capable of having a real connection with him (it’s only physical).
There is also the fact that Gannicus’ only other experience with love happened to be with a demure, meek little slave who seemed to talk about her feels for him constantly. Saxa was the complete opposite to that. And I guess in Gannicus’ mind, women like Saxa didn’t do deep and meaningful. He was wrong of course, Saxa was totally willing to go there with him, he just didn’t see it because he was already blinded by Sybil doe-eyed hero worshiping that Saxa’s subtle displays of affection went unnoticed by him.
Yes, Saxa did not sing Gannicus pretty praises and worship him like a god. But that’s because to Saxa Gannicus was a MAN, he had his imperfections and yet she still loved him. Saxa loved Gannicus the man; she loved Gannicus for what he was. But for some reason she just never told him that. It’s sad; because I honestly feel that if she had opened up to Gannicus and let him know that she did in fact love him. Then Gannicus would not have betrayed her with Sybil. If she had told him of her feeling for him and her fears of losing him—because yes, Saxa was afraid of losing Gannicus. It’s why she hated Sybil so much—then Gannicus would have never done that to her. I honestly do believe this, with all my heart.
This leads me to their final scene, just the way Gannicus stared at her dead body for a moment in loss and shock and awe and disbelief and grief and so many other emotions I cannot even begin to get into. It was as though he couldn’t believe it, as though he just realized that he had completely misjudged Saxa. She was absolutely capable of giving him what he needed, he just never gave her the chance to..
Not my gifs credit to Christinahendricks, the girl has got skills.
81 Notes/ Hide
- zatanarya reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- cauldrxnborn likes this
- i-am-chairman likes this
- icravedeathanddestruction reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- zatanarya likes this
- gibbonsarenotmonkeys reblogged this from zatanarya
- samasever likes this
- acciolove12 reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- acciolove12 likes this
- myheartislikeariver reblogged this from deadshipsshallneverdie and added:
- myheartislikeariver likes this
- thiscolorfultwilight likes this
- deadshipsshallneverdie reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- marrecarandgi reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- jrsavagehu4l reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- jrsavagehu4l likes this
- sonofagandalf likes this
- clumsy-unicorn reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- hoechlaws likes this
- linszatara likes this
- candiiecane likes this
- onecaramelise reblogged this from deadshipsshallneverdie
- onecaramelise likes this
- edaaydini likes this
- vicucha likes this
- faggoos reblogged this from 212soufflegirl and added:
- l280r326 likes this
- azorahai-reborn reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- brightstarmara reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- brightstarmara likes this
- decembersown likes this
- thorsday-castiel reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- desertwitheagle likes this
- hyperbeeb reblogged this from fuckyeahgannicusandsaxa
- lucylawlessitalianfansite likes this
- starandfairydust reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- devilsstraightedge reblogged this from deadshipsshallneverdie
- devilsstraightedge likes this
- broadfields reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- fuckthistie reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- cherryspud1989 reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- partofyou likes this
- sky-rhino reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- pure-hearts likes this
- lobachiquita reblogged this from 212soufflegirl
- stutteringwhales reblogged this from deadshipsshallneverdie
- beautifulblackbravebird likes this
- xdreamweaverx likes this
- essencejota likes this
- lonesilvanelf likes this